Friday, July 07, 2006

They're Cremating Ken Lay

...otherwise, too many people would be lined up to piss on his grave.

On the other hand, if they did bury him, the family could maybe recoup some of Lay's ill-gotten gains from the people seeking them in remunerative torts by selling grave-pissing tickets. They really could make a (semi) legitimate fortune. How much do you think any of the 3000 people whose lives he ruined directly would pay for that, not to mention all the millions of people in California who were inconvenienced, hung over a barrel, and then bilked by ever-soaring deregulated electricity prices? Hell, I'd probably throw a ten-spot at that particular macabre (water) sporting event, and I wasn't even directly affected; I just have less than zero sympathy for the robber barons of the New Gilded Age.

____________

Streetcar Update: My publisher is undergoing a cash crisis, so the book may be appearing in August or September. Sorry...

3 Comments:

Blogger spocko said...

You know I'm still astonished that no one died in the electric black outs in California. I was just dumb luck. It was just incredible to me all the lame excuses about way we couldn't have power.

I remember thinking about sending a letter to the editor.

Dear Editor: Now that people are convicted and Lay is dead, can we have our money back?
Sincerely,
California's Budget

2:26 AM  
Blogger Interrobang said...

ROFLMAO! Oh god, Spocko, you should *so* do that!! Please! Please! If you don't, at least let me send that to Winston Smith so he can get Jello Biafra to do it.

3:06 PM  
Blogger spocko said...

By do that what do you mean? Send a real letter to the editor?

That's crazy talk. You can send it to this Winston Smith to get it to Jello Biafra if you want. (I don't know what that means, but clearly you do. You people on this planet have some funny names.)

P.S. Bummer about the streetcar deal. Hang in there.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home