Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Call for Papers: An Informal Survey

I realise the plural of anecdote is not data, but since I'm active in the area anyway, and I'm a member of an organisation out in the Big Blue Room devoted to helping people with disabilities achieve employment equity, I'm interested in collecting stories from people with disabilities on employment-related topics. I am particularly interested in the following subjects:

  • Disabled-owned businesses and entrepreneurs, including the reasons why disabled people might start their own businesses;
  • The financial ramifications of disability from a personal perspective;
  • Encounters with employment discrimination;
  • Occupational steering (pressure to choose one career over another) based on disability;

    but any topics are really welcome.

    Obligatory Disclaimer: I am mostly collecting these anecdotes/statistics/narratives for my own use, but if I find good, relevant information in them, and response is sufficient, I may turn the responses into a paper or article for presentation or publication. I will contact anyone whose material I am interested in using prior to using it to get their permission, and I will remove all identifying information unless the respondent chooses to have me leave it in.

    If you are interested in participating, please e-mail your thoughts to me at interroblog at gmail dot com. If you would like to share your thoughts with the Internationale's readers, please post a comment too.

    Thanks in advance.
  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger luckluster said...

    Is uncontrolable procrastination considered disability?

    3:17 AM  
    Blogger Interrobang said...

    Only culturally. I'm not sure you live in the right culture, though. ;)

    3:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home