Thursday, July 03, 2008
While I don't absolutely agree with everything Rustin says here, the take-home message is worth listening to: There is no energy shortage, dammit! and Don't believe the hype.
- Name: Interrobang
- Location: Ontario, Canada
You can't do this on Slashdot, either. Hi there. I am the owner of a big digital mouth, syndicating myself all over the Internet. I respond well to reasoned discourse, dark chocolate, and slender, long-haired geeks (bearing gifts).
The Best of 'Bang
- Streetcar Suburbs and Trolleytrack Towns
(Streetcar Series, Part 1)
- Built for Riders: Operations, Efficiency, and Streetcars
(Streetcar Series, Part 2)
- The Great Trillion-Dollar Swindle
(Streetcar Series, Part 3)
- How to Argue Like a Right-Winger, Part 1
(Fallacious argumentation tactics series, Part 1)
- How to Argue Like a Right-Winger, Part 2
(Fallacious argumentation tactics series, Part 2)
- What Happened In 1996?
(A statistical analysis of US campaign donations, 1994-6)
- By The Numbers
(Bush death toll, with comparative population statistics)
- Economic Redline Ghetto Blues
(Play by the rules, get shafted anyway.)
- Just Tell Her Klezmer Joe Was Here and Had to Go
(Cab Calloway and the intersection of jazz and klezmer -- see also this post about an essay by klezmer maven Hankus Netsky.)
- On the Outside, Looking In
(Disability, discrimination, and other dis- things. Selected for Disability Carnival #9.)
- Tap That Talent Pool, Already
(Disability and the job market, sort of a companion piece to "On the Outside, Looking In.")
(Disability and second-class citizenship.)
- It Ain't An Insult
(Reclaiming "spastic" for the spastics of the world)
- Philosophers With Bad Backs, Aching Teeth, and Nasty Rashes
(Bodily Integrity Series, Part 1)
- Trust Your Mechanic
(Bodily Integrity Series, Part 2)
- An Argument in a Room Full of Hungry Lawyers
(Bodily Integrity Series, Part 3)
- When They Say "Responsibility," They Mean "Punishment" (Abortion Rights Series, Part 1)
- Appeal to Emotion, Appeal to Pity, Appeal to Force -- It's All the Same (Abortion Rights Series, Part 2)
- The Propaganda Hits Just Keep Coming
- I Take Back Everything I Ever Said About Antonia Z...
- Plan B Available OTC in All of Canada
- I Can, In Fact, Has Cheezburger
- Tax Day, or Dismantling Right-Wing Frames, One Per...
- How To Argue Like a Right-Winger, Part 2
- Propaganda Alert: Biofuels and Food Shortages
- At Least If I Put My Foot In Your Ass, the Heel Wo...
- I Win the Internets